BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Good Day, Bad Day, Happy Day, Sad Day

Sunday was an interesting mix of good and bad, happy and sad...lots of mixed emotions! Mostly it was good. Keagan did great as far as potty training goes! NO accidents all day! And we had a family birthday party for Jack-a-Mo, finally! He had no idea what was going on, but we all had fun and he got some cute stuff =) He was mesmerized by the candle, but Daddy had to blow it out. Keagan was all for helping open the presents til he realized that he couldn't just take whatever he wanted from them! lol I made the cake and the frosting - because they don't sell frosting here and I didn't find the cake mixes until after I was done! *sigh* The cake turned out "alright" but the next time I make one from scratch there will be a few minor modifications to the recipe. I sorta kinda made a Winnie the Pooh looking character with my home made frosting. Luckily there was some really good ice cream to go with the cake!!! Eh....I tried!
The sad part of the day was learning that my grandfather had finally gone to be with Jesus. I'm glad I had so many distractions because otherwise I would have just cried all day. I have so many mixed emotions about not being able to be there for my parents now. Not being able to say goodbye or attend the funeral. But I know everything will go fine and he is in a better place now. So I just gotta suck it up and not feel sorry for myself, because ultimately that is what it comes down to.
In other news, happy news, Jack finally signs please now!! He just really got it yesterday!! He still squeals at you for whatever it is he wants, but he says please at the same time so its ok! =)

0 comments: