BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Crafty

I made two pillows! Hand stitched! Made with a mother's love. ha ha Did I mention that I have no idea how to sew?! lol Its one of those things on my list. I wanna be the cool mom who can hem pants, make curtains and stuff like that!! This time my creativity came from need. Keagan has a big boy bed that has a safety rail, but it doesn't even go half way down the bed. Since he sleeps like me, ALL over the place, he keeps falling out of bed. If it was a twin size bed buying a safety rail would be no problem. But his is a toddler bed and the one option I found was $50!! As much as the bed!! So...I made one. =) Its not perfect, but it seems to be working so far. Just gotta reinforce some of the stitching. The other pillow was made from the extra fabric I had left over. Like I said, I am not "Suzie Homemaker" so of course I bought way too much fabric, and a few other things to be returned. But the little pillow I made for Keagan turned out quite cute if I do say so, and its pretty cozy too! =) It was pretty fun to do...now to take some classes so I actually know what I'm doing!

0 comments: